The standard option to apply for a German permanent residence permit is to prove that the applicant has successfully worked and solidly settled in Germany.
The standard requirements to apply for a German permanent residence permit (PR) are defined in § 9 AufenthG.
The minimum criteria can be summarized as follows:
- Applicant to be holding a German residence permit for at least 5 years
- Applicant to live in financial stability
- Applicant to have paid for a period of 60 months into the German pension fund system or to have build up similar pension fund coverage
- Applicant to have some German language knowledge
- Applicant to have sufficient living space in Germany
An additional requirements is, that the applicant confirms to accept the German constitutional values.
Alternative ways to apply for a German permanent residence permit are
- Application from Blue Card
- Accelerated application for highly qualified employees
- Application from self-employment
- Special application by a holder of a German university degree (§ 19 Abs. 2a AufenthG)
- Application for a permanent residence permit EU (Daueraufenthaltstitel EU)
Dwyer Legal Law Firm, Schwanthalerstr 13, Aufgang IV, 80336 Munich
Tel: +49 (0)89 24 88 14 310, www.dwyer-legal.com
Note: Information provided in this Knowledge Database is for orientation only and not binding.