Which authorities does a GmbH need to be registered with?

Once a company has been installed or purchased, it also needs to be registered with the relevant authorities.

 Below a list of the compoetent authorities with which the new company must be registered:

  • Local government registration (Gewerbeanmeldung) for loan tax processing.
  • Revenue (Finanzamt) for monthly VAT processing, employee tax processing, quarterly and yearly tax declarations.
  • Chamber of Commerce (Industrie- und Handelskammer - IHK).
  • Social Security institutions (Bertriebsnummernstelle).
  • Accident insurance (Berufsgenossenschaft).
  • Internet-usage-fee authorities (GEZ).

Dwyer Legal provides full support with the entire Registration process.


Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need additional information on our company support services.

Dwyer Legal Law Firm, Schwanthalerstr. 13, Aufgang IV, 80336 Munich
Tel: +49 (0)89 24 88 14 310, www.dwyer-legal.com

Note: Information provided in this Knowledge Database is for orientation only and not binding.